A couple weekends ago I attended InterVarsity's annual Christmas dance. This dance is always filled with a lot of drastic dance moves, guys moshing when Kelly Clarkson is played, and water to drink for all those that need a break when a slow song plays...or to rehydrate.
The last song is always the most anticipated. I mean who wouldn't be excited about Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You"? So, upon hearing this tune, I obvi began dancing. Then my guy friend came over to me and initiated some spins, dips, and twirls.
Climax: He then lifts me up and says "throw your leg around my head and I'll spin you in the air!" Uh. What? Out of pure impulse, I did just that. While I was being spun around the air (screaming all the while), I also was being stared at by half the room. Did everyone know that I was wearing spandex? No. Should they have? Probably, just so they'd better understand the situation. It's fine...
I just about made the 360 degree turn when I felt my heel hit the back of a girl's head. I didn't know her and felt horrible. After being "gracefully grounded," I apologized profusely to the innocent victim. Needless to say, I was glad the dance was over at that point.
Disclaimer: My guy friend swing dances regularly; therefore gains confidence to try these moves in public.
p.s. As I was leaving the dance, I slipped down the steep stone stairs. Don't worry though because I caught myself on the railing just before I went completely down. However, not in enough time to prevent my leather heel from ripping.
p.p.s. If the girl that I hit is reading this--again, so sorry!
I love your writing style...it sounds like you're talking. And your storytelling is so engaging!
ReplyDeleteThank you Destiny!! That means a lot coming from you :)
ReplyDelete