![]() |
| the extent to my playing. |
My sole motivation for playing soccer on the "United Knights" was to receive a trophy. You see, I hadn't ever received a trophy and so it takes a toll on a young girl when she sees about 50 trophies on her brother's shelf when all the while her trophy shelf is empty-let alone non-existent. So, I finally received my trophy that was purely given for participation.
![]() |
| think i was ready to receive? |
My mother never let me receive my second trophy because she said I wouldn't appreciate it as much as the first...since I hardly went to practice. Despite the second part of that statement being true, I really feel-even at this point in my life journey-that I would have appreciated it. Anyways, that's all besides the point.
As y'all know, whether from the description of this blog or from being around me, I am quite the clumsy one. I fall (down and up stairs), trip when walking, and spill things pretty consistently. However, even with my haphazard lifestyle and my one year of playing soccer, I have never* injured a single bone in my body. PRAISE.
On the other hand, my vocal cords have been injured many times in the past couple years. My voice is my instrument and I've been so blessed to have learned a TON about my vocal cords these past six months. My voice is currently injured and the only way I can explain this circumstance is by relating the situation to an athlete. Again, I'm not an athlete, but I do know that when an athlete has injured a part of his/her body, they don't return to the playing field until they're healed (at least that's the most recommended option). Similarly, I am on semi-vocal rest until my voice is healed. This circumstance has been emotionally and physically tough.
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:18
One thing that never fails whilst I'm on vocal rest is the need for me to be still and quiet before the Lord.
With the new year coming up, I encourage you all to position yourselves before the Lord in stillness and silence.
Be still, and know that I am God- Psalm 46:10


No comments:
Post a Comment