My original purpose for going? Just to purchase a few Bible study materials, but of course, I leave with much more than intended.
Are you familiar with the experience when: you have finally pulled yourself away from looking around the store, you're standing at the check-out counter wondering how much this is actually going to end up costing, and there, right in front of you, are five more great items staring you in your face with a 50% off tag leaving you no other option to purchase it?
Yes. This experience happened to me while in the Family Christian Book Store.
My impulse purchase?
The movie, "Fath Like Potatoes."
I eagerly brought it back to my suite expecting my suit-mates to be equally excited about adding this new movie to our collection. Welp, not exactly.
Up until two days ago, this movie was wrapped in plastic.
While watching this movie, finally, I was completely reminded to have faith in God. Simple right? Huge.
Although I have been a Christian my whole entire life, I didn't reach a place of conviction until only a few years ago. It's easy for me to forget that faith, even as small as a mustard seed, can move mountains. God's ability to transform a heart is like nothing of this world.
In this movie, a farmer is transformed from a despaired and angry man into a seeking and patient man of God. Even in the dry season, potatoes were grown simply because one ordinary man had huge faith in our sovereign God.
If you are feeling in a dry season right now or if ever in the future, please know that all you need is just a little faith in our huge God.
"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20
No comments:
Post a Comment