I spent two months in London and it was filled with new friends, explorations, umbrellas, accents, church, and simply just growing. How can something so tangible at the time feel so intangible now?
The recent time home has been needed, relaxing, and an opportunity for me to regroup. I spent last weekend getting my new room in my new house ready for living :) THAT made this upcoming year start to feel...well...tangible. The get-togethers and holiday parties along with nightly hang outs with my housemates are all coming up so soon.
The excitement for what is to come has already set in, but I also catch my self reminiscing on this past summer--my time spent abroad. My thoughts are often something like this:
"I must keep in touch with my London friends. How can I make my time there not feel like just a dream? Will I ever go back? This is the time when I normally would be a) going to church, b) going to a group meeting, or c) popping into a museum after some shopping in Oxford Circus."
Isn't it interesting how something at the time can feel so real, so promising, so...tangible and then just three weeks later feel like a dream, a distant memory, so...intangible?
Although it's easy and natural for my emotions to dictate my thoughts, I must hold on to what I know is timeless: God and His word.
My times are in Your hand;- Psalm 31:15
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.- Isaiah 40:8
You, O Lord, are our Father; Our Redeemer from Everlasting is Your name.- Isaiah 63:16
What things in your life feel tangible and intangible to you at this moment?
Preparing you for college is tangible and preparing you for kindergarten so many years ago is intangible! There is a sweetness to each season. Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. And let us walk in the good works that He has prepared for us! LOVE YOU! Mom
ReplyDelete