Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"fearfully and wonderfully made"

In the past 48 hours, I have gone to:

-the ENT (ears, nose, and throat) doctor to get scoped 

-get a hair cut

-the dermatologist

-the dentist for a routine cleaning

-the eye doctor to figure out what exactly the deal with my eyes

Results?

I chose to get scoped in order to see if I have nodes. I loose my voice REALLY easily from either frequently singing and/or talking a lot during a day. I just about passed out as the camera went down my nose to check out my vocal cords. I was as pale as a sheep. The ENT doc. said that my vocal cords look pretty good with one exception: I have one TINY nodule on a vocal cord. "It isn't anything to be alarmed about," he said, "however, the nodule has potential to grow during the next few months." In order to prevent nodule growth, I will be starting to meet with a recommended woman who will help identify more of my singing and speech patterns. She will give me exercises to practice in order to help me use healthy singing and speaking patterns to protect my vocal cords.

Haircut--fresh, fun, fab.

I will be starting micro dermabrasion tomorrow in order to reduce some acne scaring. Anyone else hate acne? 

Teeth: overall, "looking good."

Remember this pink eye ordeal I have been writing about for over a month? Welp, I found out yesterday that it was never pink eye. My eye doctor took a deeper look and found a scar on my left eyeball due to a corneal ulcer. The redness was actually my eye trying to fight off the bacteria. WHAT?! I'm back wearing glasses y'all. Treatment? Eye drops. Four times per day. Ten days. Goal? To reduce inflammation so that I can be fitted for contacts...sometime... in my life again. 

My mind wondered about all the negative things that could possibly come from my one tiny node, my one scar on my eye, my few scars on my face, and a couple teeth potentially putting my bite at risk. The the emotion set in--frustration. 

I had to be real with God. I took a second in my car and expressed my frustration, not with Him, but with all the feedback I had gotten in the past 48 hours concerning things from my neck up. Then, the Lord expressed something to me. I heard and felt his love for my spirit inside & my heart's beauty. The feeling set in--peace. 

"For man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." -1 Samuel 16:7

"I will praise [Him], for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." -Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment