Wednesday, June 15, 2011

An Eye For London

More friends met and made! 

Through a family friend back home, I was able to connect with a couple who go and work at a local church here in London. Ben and Hanelle are their names and they are absolutely adorable! 


Monday afternoon I went to the Cabinet War Rooms and Churchill Museum on a class outing. I have a few favorite quotes from Winston Churchill...


True. 
I conquer! 
I'm not sure what Churchill meant by this last quote. However, If I was a worm, then I'd definitely want to glow! This quote just made me think that no matter where we are or what we are doing, we can all glow with God's light shining through us. Somewhat cheesy, but true! 










Went to another gallery:




Boy did I did I have an eye for London last night! I went on the London Eye at sunset and saw the city from above. Beautiful. It takes about thirty minutes to go all the way around, but it went by so fast because of all the pictures I was snapping!  

See the Clock Tower behind me?!

I am feeling quite independent here in the city.  Navigating, using the tube system, and cooking most meals are all now part of my daily life. Today I went to the Natural History Museum. It incorporated more science than I was expecting. 


Here is my birthstone, Garnet. Legend says that Garnet warmed the heart :)

 
This was my favorite thing I saw in the whole museum. I loved reading and learning more about how scientists are acting on the water deprivation in the world. My passion is to directly help this world issue one day.

1 comment:

  1. I like the glow worm quote! And I am sure the London Eye ferris wheel was a magnificent view of the city. You have seen so much in these few short weeks! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete