A few months ago, Destiny called me up and said, "You'll never believe this, but I am going to be studying abroad in England this summer!" I said..."WHAT?!" She had to have been making this up. Nope. Destiny just so happens to be studying abroad in England about 45 min. away from where I am living. Therefore, I absolutely jumped on a train to visit her for the night.
As I navigated my way through the quaint city of Cambridge, I finally found my destination. I have to say...I must have squealed a little bit as Destiny turned the corner and greeted me as I stood in the main foyer. Seeing one of my best friends in an unknown city was so amazing that I just keep saying in my head, "Thank you, Lord, Thank you, Lord!"
Usually Destiny and I catch up for hours after we have been a part for a while. Only natural, right? Well, this time was no different. We found ourselves talking about our time so far in England, what we liked best, how we felt as though we were in a dream, what we missed about home, etc.
Spending time with Destiny was absolutely a blessing. She is an encouragement. For example, when someone says, "I'm so excited for tomorrow!", she will say back, "I'm so excited for today!" This exemplifies Destiny. For she isn't worried about tomorrow, she is ready for what's in front of her, and she let's the light of the Lord shine through her.
If you know Destiny, you know what a sweet spirit she holds. Although not all of you know Destiny, I know you all have at least one friend you call dear. I encourage you all to take advantage of every moment you have with that friend and...
"Thank God every time [you] remember [them]"- Philippians 1:3
I love you, Dest :)
Such a great photo of you and Destiny with the iconic phone booths side by side!
ReplyDelete