Sunday, May 22, 2011

Goin' Fishin'

Hi mom! My only "follower." She is so supportive. My dad just created a Twitter account so he could follow me on that "form of technology," as he would say. Actually, if I'm being completely honest, I was the one who created a Twitter account for my dad. As far as it goes, I am his only follower. He loves it!

You see, DuVal's have always been a) planners, b) curious, and c) communicators. (Maybe that's why i found it so natural to major in Communications.) After every visit with my Grandma DuVal, she says, "Keep me updated, now. I want to know everything." I'm rooted in it y'all.

So...

My plan? LONDON! I've already been given a preliminary calendar-my kind of trip.

Am I curious? I went to Europe with my family when i was ten. Memories: Eating only a turkey baguette in Paris because my ten-year-old picky self didn't want anything else, my sister getting pick-pocketed, undesirable train station smells, Harrods, and trying to go to all the places Mary-Kate and Ashley filmed their movie, "Winning London." Obviously, significant things here. All this to say, I am VERY curious! I know that this trip will bring so many significant, wonderful, and memorable experiences. I'm at least going to eat a crepe while in Paris. Duh.

How will I communicate? HERE! I will be updating this blog as much as i can with my experiences, stories, and most importantly, how i have seen "the Light."

Why call my blog "Following the Light," you ask? John 14:6 says, "I am the way, the truth, and the light." I have such a desire to meet and explore the hearts of people all across the world. Essentially, I don't know where i am going, but i know exactly who i am following. His name is Jesus and he is the Light! In Matthew 4:18-22, Jesus saw Peter and Andrew fishing in the lake. Jesus said, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” Peter and Andrew left their nets and followed him.

As i travel throughout Europe this summer and live my life, I plan to take advantage of every moment. I am dropping my net and following Jesus to fish for people. The question is...

Who's goin' fishin' with me?!

2 comments:

  1. I will be following along to see what God has in store for you in London. Much love comes to you from this mother's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that trip to Europe when you were young and I remember you being obsessed with Mary Kate and Ashley and their adventures with making the guards laugh and all! :)

    I don't know what the name is coming up as but it's Courtney by the way!

    ReplyDelete